Friday, September 19, 2008

Snips, snails and puppy dog tails



Since Julie is pulling the lion's share of the celebration preparations this weekend, I thought it would only be right if I documented all the hard work that is going behind the scenes of such a seemingly smooth operation! Here is a picture of her ingenious-devised puppy cake, a testament to her spark and spunk, and everlasting love!




For those of you just tuning in at home, we're here in KC with Andrew Shaun Monahan. Andrew turns one on Sunday, for him not a day too soon. I sat down with Andrew this afternoon, to see just what being one year old means in this Obama-mama day and age.


Mike: Andrew, what makes this birthday different from your other birthdays?


Andrew: Ba-da-baAAH!


Mike: Andrew, a lot of folks have commented on your smaller frame compared to your brother. Do you see that being an issue for you during this next year, and are you planning any changes to your strategy of peaceful cohabitation?


Andrew: Ah-da-HA-BAH-MMMMmmmmm-pbstststbtt


Mike: Ha-ha, good one. One last question, Andrew. What do you think we can expect to see more of from you in this coming year?


Andrew:


Well, I guess that's all folks. That was Andrew Shaun Monahan, on the eve of his first birthday.

3 comments:

sandra mae said...

wow! I love it: mike's first blog entry and andrew's first published interview! have a super fun party-filled weekend! love you guys...

SJT said...

That is too great! Good job Mike! Happy Birthday Andrew! Time sure does fly!

Andrea Clayton said...

Andrew is so cute! And Henry is really growing up. . .where does time go?