Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Day of School

Today was Henry's third week of school. He actually goes once a week (Thursdays) from 9:00-1:30...which gives me some precious time with Andrew--who has never had me to himself...ever! (Although I'm not sure running errands is his idea of quality time.) PLUS, Henry comes home and takes a nap, which gives me even more time to get things done! But, the best part is that Henry LOVES it. The first week he told me that his favorite part was eating his sandwich, grapes, & pretzels--which worried me a bit since he brought home an entire sandwich with just one bite (& if that was his "favorite?")...BUT today he told & showed me how he was jumping & laughing during school. Then he told me that "Mrs. Nabor [his teacher] said, 'no jumping.'" Oh well. :) He said it was "really funny."

And here are some pictures from our camping trip...I had a hard time narrowing down the options!
Three thirsty boys

His FIRST roasting experience. He can even do it with his eyes closed! Note: Do NOT try this at home (with bare feet dangling in the fire & propped up on the metal grate). :)


Our campsite with mansion tent. :)



Our little rock eater--I mean cute little camper boy!

Henry & his friend Kristoffer (who was our inspiration for going camping)!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks great julie!~ the camping especially!! did i see that you might have been in st.louis recently? if you come again, be sure to drop me a line. would love to meet up with you and mike~
chris

Andrea Clayton said...

I'm not a camper, but your campsite looked great and what a nice view!

SJT said...

Glad Henry is enjoying school and Andrew is enjoying being with you!

sandra mae said...

your boys are so cute-- henry looks so grown up in his school picture! and I am proud of you guys for venturing out on the camping experience... the mansion tent probably helped out a lot!

sandra mae said...

p.s... I am going to start reading the book you posted as your current read: girl meets god.
how was the bday celebration?