I guess when you become a mother it is only a natural, self-less desire/prayer that you want your kids to be healthy...but I now realize there are definitely some selfish reasons to wanting them healthy too:
1. You don't want to be sick either.
2. You don't want to "miss" your activities because you can't expose other kids to your kids' germs.
3. You get bored in the house too!
Henry, Drew, & I have been sick since Friday...I think that as of yesterday our fevers are finally gone and so now we just have a little (o.k. a LOT) of congestion leftover. We've watched more t.v. than I thought I'd ever let my child watch in a year...and are eager to find some new things to do! Today, (since we're mostly better) we've played with play-dough, done about 5 puzzles, read a bunch of books, and messed with our hands (and sleeves) in pudding. I'm adding a Ideas for Wee Ones website to my links list which my friend Lindsay recommended, but if any of you have some fun, easy ideas for staying sane when you're kind of confined to your sick house, I'd love to hear some!
2 comments:
Hey, the VonGeorges are sick right now, too! Aren't we the same? How's wolf-man, sick too?
Hi Julie - Sorry to hear you are all sick!! Here are a couple of things I've done when we're stuck at home - set out a few beach towels and then a bunch of different sized bowls, spoons, kitchen gadgets and fill some with water and let them play and get wet. Kind of messy, but fun for 20 min or so. Also, I haven't tried this but a friend of mine swears by setting her child in his high chair and putting shaving cream on the tray with some food coloring and letting him 'sculpt' with it. Messy too, but could be fun! Good luck and hang in there!!
Post a Comment