Along with some fun Settlers of Catan nights, we went to our first baseball game of the summer with Mike's cousin Ben. Today on the way to school somehow Henry and I got on the topic of hamburgers coming from cows. He was shocked by this, so I told him, that actually all of our "meat" comes from animals. So I asked, "What animal do you think chicken comes from?" His reply? "Pigs." We tried a few more and he missed the turkey answer too.
So after telling Mike the story, we wondered...why do we just call "bird meat" the name of the bird it comes from whereas most other meat has a "special name" (i.e. pork, beef, venison, etc.)? Hmmm...
On Andrew's cute sayings: I remembered this one today as we replayed a "Spiderman Slap" card game. Each time he means to say "slap" he says "snap." So as we're playing he'll be arguing with Henry, "I snapped it first." He'll be "mad" but it just makes me smile. He's so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment