Sunday, August 8, 2010

Funny Sayings

So the kids continue to amaze us with the things that go on in their creative little minds. Here are some cute phrases that I wanted to document--because I want to treasure these times!!

Tonight over dinner Henry asked, "Daddy-when was the first time you threw up?"

We like to play "hide the toy" where someone hides a toy and then gives clues to find it. Andrew took a toy upstairs once to hide and I asked, "Are you going to come down and tell us after you hide it?" He replied, "Maybe so."

This morning we told Henry to say good morning to his brother, so Henry says, "Good Morning Andrew!" Andrew replied, "I forgive you Henry." So we say, "Andrew can you say good morning back to Henry?" So he says, "Good morning Henry." Henry smiles. Then Andrew says, "Henry now you say 'I forgive you.'"

Just a pronounciation issue: the boys say correctors instead of characters.

To Andrew: chess=chest, pawn=pond, bishop=spaceship.

About a month ago we went to the zoo. On the way we asked the boys what they wanted to see while we were there. Henry said an alligator, Andrew said a grasshopper. We weren't sure exactly where we might find a grasshopper, so we started in the reptile house to see the alligator. As I was watching a snake with the boys in one case, Andrew looks over in the next case and shouts, "Look, a grasshopper!" He was SO excited and watched him sit on a branch for longer than most people watch the "zoo food." We were happy that Andrew got to see his grasshopper (and was so proud of himself for finding it) AND that he lost interest before the lizard in the cage also spotted the grasshopper.

No comments: