Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Soccer Game #1

The boys enjoy looking back at old blog posts so much (especially videos) that it inspires me to at least WANT to write more often!
This weekend Henry had his first soccer game ever. Thirty minutes prior to the game was his first soccer practice ever. He did GREAT! We were so proud of the way he went after the ball...and continued to go after it (even when it was out of bounds)! With about 5 minutes left in the game, Henry did get very frustrated, fell down (again--this happens a lot with 4 yr. old boys I think), and then got up "mad." Mike & I saw his face and then thought, "uh oh." He then started swinging his arms around trying to "hit" the blue team. He came off the field sad & mad and refused to go back in. He claimed that he "doesn't like the blue guys" because they always try to take the ball away. I guess that's the joy (?) of learning to compete!! The blue team did score about 5 goals to our 1...but as we told Henry, "The number of goals doesn't matter. If you had fun, then you won!" And as Henry said, "I didn't have fun. So I lose." :) Better luck this week. Since he'll be wearing a blue uniform this week he already thinks he has a better chance of being on a winning team.

Here is our hard charger in the red jersey & blue shorts (note that at the end of the video Henry continued to kick the ball all the way to the fence!):

1 comment:

Ryan said...

HILARIOUS post. Keep using those teachable moments, and have fun laughing in the process. Ryan