Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Arrival of Kyle Patrick Monahan

As you've hopefully heard already, Kyle Patrick joined our family on 2/10/2010 at 8:58 am. Being my third c-section, it was all "as I expected" (although it was interesting to note that of the 10(?) people in the operating room all of them were women). He weighed a whopping 8 lb. 12 oz. and was 20" long. As of yesterday (5 days old), he had almost regained the 9 oz. he had lost in the hospital, so I guess you could say he's eating really well. (Ouch! :))
The boys are enjoying Kyle and think it's hilarious when he has a dirty diaper. Henry pushes his head up to Kyle's and whispers "It's o.k., it's o.k." every time he can. Andrew is sweet with him and is taking it all in -- he did notice that Kyle is sleeping in "his" baby crib (which he basically moved out of in July), and today was using "his" blanket.

I am doing really well, and have healed quickly...which means I'm to the point today where I can get down and play on the floor with the "big boys." My mom & dad (& sister & family) have been a HUGE help in the last week, and I'm so grateful they were able to be here!!

So here are a few more pics of the events of Feb. 10th.




We all went home on Feb. 13, 2010.
Hospital pics at: www.our365.com and type in my last name & date. Hopefully I'll have more updates to come soon!!

2 comments:

Francie said...

Big congrats on your newest addition! He is adorable and you all look great!!

Lindsay said...

aweeee i can't wait to meet him!!!! I will call you soon, I'm sure you are trying to get sleep and rest up!