Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"First Day of School! First Day of School!"

Henry went to his "first day" of preschool yesterday! (He went to a Kids Day Inn/Parents Day Out program one day a week last year, but since he has a November b-day, he will be in the 3 yr. old preschool this year and 4 yr. old preschool next year...and then Kindergarten in 2011-2012.)

He's been a little "clingy" to me lately/this summer...so I was a little surprised that no tears were shed when I dropped him off...well, actually ANDREW was shedding tears because HE wanted to go in Henry's class. It was cute too, because after some errands, Andrew and I get home and he says, "Where's Nee-Nee?" (That's what he calls Henry.) He missed having a playmate around, but was happy to get some undivided attention too I think!

Henry's in the Friendly Frogs class and he told me that he played with play-doh (but didn't want to share the "cutter tool" and his teachers made him share), he sang some songs (he learned a new one and sang it for me on the way home), and learned that "God made the whhhollle [spreads his arms out really wide] world." He also made friends with a "man in an orange shirt named Hudson." I thought this was hilarious...Hudson is actually three also, but IS quite tall (for a three yr. old). :) I guess they played pirates, so Henry had an instant new friend.

All in all, it was a success and since he said, "preschool was fun today" I'm hoping tomorrow will go smoothly too!

1 comment:

Andrea Clayton said...

Our little Novemer guys are off to a good start! I love Henry's reference to "the man in the orange shirt" That's hilarious! I'm amazed at what Jacob tell's me on the way home, especially the Bible stories. They are like little sponges.