Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Last Day of School, The Arboretum, Permanent Marker & Memorial Day Camping!

On Thursday, Henry successfully completed his first year of Kids Day Inn. He had perfect attendance (minus the one day we missed for our CA trip) and made some friends from class. Here he is with his teachers.





Here are some pics from a trip to our Arboretum with Henry's friends (that he met in gymnastics LAST year)...we usually get the kids together once a week. Sara is the oldest (on the right), and lined up the kids in order of height. The four in the middle are within 6 months of each other, and then Andrew is the youngest, but it turned out that their height order also corresponded with their age order.
You'll see that Henry is becoming an avid climber. Andrew had fun climbing on their "worm sculpture."

Last week was gorgeous and we ate the majority of meals outside. Here are my boys sitting at the picnic table I rescued from some neighbor's trash.
While I was packing for our camping trip and the boys were supposedly napping, this happened:
After I said, "Oh, wow, what's on your face?" Henry said as plain as day "it's green permanent marker."
This Memorial Day we went camping with some friends. Here are some favorites from the weekend. We stayed in a treehouse (sorry it's a blurry pic) for two nights and our big mansion tent one night.











2 comments:

sandra mae said...

oh my goodness! Andrew is so BIG now! I miss you guys... :(
thanks for the great photo updates!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you take the boys camping...they'll always have stories of shared adventures of marshmellows and climbing 'rocks'.