Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gratefulness & Health

Last week, we heard a sermon at church about having an attitude of gratefulness (at all times...not only in this season of "Thanksgiving"). We were challenged to write down five things each night for which we were grateful between now & Thanksgiving, and just SEE if it made a difference in our mental health/health/attitude... (The pastor referred to a study in which three groups of people were to journal about the things they did each day--one group on everything--one group on only the bad things that happened to them--and the last group on the good things that happened to them. And, as the pastor said, "Surprise, the last group had a more positive outlook on life and were all around healthier.") So, I thought I would try to post ONE of the things I'm thankful for...each day until Thanksgiving. (So yeah, check back daily!)

So here it is for today: I'm thankful for our health. Kind of general I know, and Andrew was actually "kicked out" of my MOPS group today for a 101 degree fever, but in general, my family has been very healthy aside from a few colds & flu bugs!

I wanted to post these chess pictures, so I'll tie it in along the "mental health" lines-- I think Henry is doing exceptionally well! :) He inherited the
"chess genes" from both of his Grandfathers. He LOVES setting up the board (and knows where all the pieces go...and what they are called...AND how [most] move. Here are some pictures of when he introduced Andrew to the game. Note that he does not mentally do well in the "o.k. it's your turn now" category.
If anyone wants to comment on some things they are thankful for, that might be fun! :)

1 comment:

sandra mae said...

oh- I LOVE the idea! and I am looking forward to a blog every day for the next week! I might even be inspired to join you... we'll see. :)